CCEF is proud to have funded over $2.4 Million to CCISD since 1992!
The Foundation has several programs and current funding priorities:
Educational Grants – CCEF is proud to offer the following Educational Grant Opportunities for CCISD teachers and students in order to help them take education to the next level:
- Teacher Innovative Grants (TIG): Teachers apply for Teacher Innovative Grants to implement innovative, hands-on instructional ideas that enrich the classroom learning experience in academic areas such as math, science, language arts and technology.
- Student – Teacher Innovative Grants (STIG): This program supports “Student Teacher Innovative Projects”. An individual student or a team of students may apply under the guidance and sponsorship of a teacher.
- Mini – Grants: A Mini-Grant is intended to enhance classroom learning by providing needed resources that are not available.
- Special Innovative Grants (SIG): A Special Innovative Grant (SIG) is a large grant amount of up to $50,000 designed to encourage and support innovative teaching and learning on a large scale.
Clear Horizons Early College High School (CHECHS) -The Foundation supplements instructional funding for first-generation college students at Clear Horizons Early College High School, located at San Jacinto College South, who simultaneously earn a college associate degree and a high school diploma.
• Enables and encourages high school students to be first-generation college students.
• Helps students develop the necessary learning skills to succeed in both their high school and college courses.
• The foundation awarded $65,000 to CHECHS for the 2016 – 2017 school year.
Technology Education Labs-Technology Education Labs focus on Robotics and Audio/Video Production at the intermediate level with courses that offer students the critical knowledge and skills needed in technology education to compete in the workplace of the 21st century.
• Students will also gain the soft skills needed for success in today’s workplace.
• Promotes exploration, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and self-direction.
• The foundation awarded $60,000 for the two labs for the 2016-2017 school year.
National Board Teacher Certification-CCEF champions district teachers and provides financial support for their coursework expenses associated with National Board Teacher Certification.
• Encourages teachers to achieve the highest and most rigorous standards set by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Pushes teaching standards to the highest level.
• 15 teachers have accomplished this feat with the help of CCEF since 2007.
Makerspaces – A community-operated workspace where people with common interest gather for peer learning and knowledge sharing.
• CCEF was excited to offer innovative, creative learning opportunities through Makerspaces in all high school libraries starting in 2015.