The foundation has several programs and funding priorities.
Educational Grants – Teachers apply for Teacher Innovative Grants to implement innovative, hands-on instructional ideas that enrich the classroom learning experience in academic areas such as math, science, language arts and technology.
• Since inception in 1992, CCEF has provided more than 400 grants totaling nearly $2,000,000 for teachers to conduct innovative lesson plans for hands-on, real-world experiences inside the classrooms of CCISD.
• More than 130,000 students have been encouraged to work to their highest potential through the foundation’s grants.
• The foundation awarded over $156,000 to 59 teachers at 33 schools for the 2015-2016 school year.
Clear Horizons Early College High School (CHECHS) – The Foundation supplements instructional funding for first-generation college students at Clear Horizons Early College High School, located at San Jacinto College South, who simultaneously earn a college associate degree and a high school diploma.
• Enables and encourages high school students to be first-generation college students.
• Helps students develop the necessary learning skills to succeed in both their high school and college courses.
• The foundation awarded $60,000 to CHECHS for the 2014 – 2015 school year.
Technology Education Labs – Technology Education Labs focus on Robotics and Audio/Video Production at the intermediate level with courses that offer students the critical knowledge and skills needed in technology education to compete in the workplace of the 21st century.
• Students will also gain the soft skills needed for success in today’s workplace.
• Promotes exploration, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and self-direction.
• The foundation awarded $60,000 for the two labs at Clear Creek Intermediate and League City Intermediate for the 2014-2015 school year.
National Board Teacher Certification -CCEF champions district teachers and provides financial support for their coursework expenses associated with National Board Teacher Certification.
• Encourages teachers to achieve the highest and most rigorous standards set by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Pushes teaching standards to the highest level.
• 15 teachers have accomplished this feat with the help of CCEF since 2007.
NEW! Makerspaces – A community-operated workspace where people with common interest gather for peer learning and knowledge sharing.
• CCEF and Dell have teamed up to offer innovative, creative learning opportunities through Makerspaces in all high school libraries for 2015-2016!